Uber is a Taxi Service! Old Socialist comments

Even with the E.C. J.  ruling, The Financial Times ‘reporters’ are still awash in the Neo-Liberal rhetoric  of ‘ride hailing services’ , ‘peer to peer services‘! Government’s first duty is to protect the lives of its citizens! Or should the reader look to Ronald Reagan’s ‘government is the problem’ as an answer to the question about public welfare? The Free Market failed all but that 1%, leaving the 99% paying for the 1%’s bail-out! Or should that reader look to the The Grenfell Tower fire as the starkest kind of object lesson of what government might have done?

The E.C.J.’s decision will have broader significance for how technology companies that offer traditional peer-to-peer services should be regulated in the EU. With Uber now not classified as a digital company, EU governments will no longer have to prove to the European Commission that any restrictions on its business have to be “reasonable” and “proportionate” as stated by digital single market rules.

“After today’s judgment innovators will increasingly be subject to divergent national and sectoral rules,” said Jakob Kucharczyk of the Computer & Communications Industry Association in Brussels.

Jakob Kucharczyk’s ‘innovators’ , the authors of our  Brave New World,  are in fact Corporatist thieves who seek to dismantle the very reasons for government: to protect its citizens from unscrupulous and mendacious economic/political/civic actors, who cry foul when their scheming lies are uncovered and rendered null.

Old Socialist

 

 

 

About stephenkmacksd

Rootless cosmopolitan,down at heels intellectual;would be writer. 'Polemic is a discourse of conflict, whose effect depends on a delicate balance between the requirements of truth and the enticements of anger, the duty to argue and the zest to inflame. Its rhetoric allows, even enforces, a certain figurative licence. Like epitaphs in Johnson’s adage, it is not under oath.' https://www.lrb.co.uk/v15/n20/perry-anderson/diary
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.